Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Four Lives in Four Minutes

This video is a project that was completed for my class Sight and Sound: Documentary, which is in the NYU Undergraduate Film School.

In the class, we were split up into crews of four. Each crew works together for the whole semester. This project required that
we each take up a different position in the crew for each segment. Meaning that each person had to direct/edit one of the segments, man the sound, operate the camera and be interviewed at least once.

For our interview, we were supposed to each tell about our first impression of New York, or talk about our experience in New York in a more general sense.

Because of coordination confusion (ooh, alliteration!), I actually shot two of the segments and directed/edited one as well. The one I directed is the first in the project, about my crew-member Erin, who told the story of how she got lost at age 8, her first time in NY.
I was the cameraman for the second project, though a couple cutaways were added later by Erin, the director/editor for that segment.
The third segment is about me, and I talked about the Bronfman Center, and how it has really shaped my experience in New York.
The fourth segment is about crew-member Hayley and her affinity for Tompkins Square Park. I manned the camera on that segment as well.

It was not until after we handed the project in that we found out it wasn't graded.

Please enjoy Four Lives in Four Minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Its promising to me. Nice looking documentary here. It has good plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to watch documentaries. Often you describe about some good documentaries.

    ReplyDelete