Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'll Follow The Rain



My brother and I took a road trip to Monsey to visit my sister at her new house. When we set out on our journey, the thermometer in the car showed 73 degrees Farenheit consistently, and it was raining, overcast, and drab. The kind of weather that sponges all the saturation and life out of everything. Very soon though, the temperature began to rise, and the rain stopped. The temperature continued to rise until we stopped for gas, and I got out to take over driving. The wave of heat washed over me as I opened the door, and it was only after we had gassed up, closed the door and gotten back on the highway that we noticed the reading on the car's thermometer. 98 degrees. That reading went down some, but then it went back up, and wavered for the rest of the trip. At it's highest, the thermometer read 99 degrees. It was stifling! But at least it wasn't raining anymore.

The heat continued for the weekend after the video above, which was really almost painful, what with our Shabbos clothes on (Shabbos is the Jewish Sabbath. On Saturdays, or Shabbos, Jews dress up a bit. As a result, I was wearing a dark suit, and long sleeves. Ick.). We all ended up with sleeves rolled up, sweating away, catching any shade we can, and clinging to indoor air conditioning like a three year old to his mother's skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment