Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Update: The Doodlebug


So, for those of you who don't know, The Doodlebug is actually the sailboat I'm building from a kit. I've been building this boat for a few years now (several of those years I either ran into serious time-wasting problems, worked very little on the boat, or did not work on it at all), and it's finally almost finished. I've assembled all the main parts, epoxied the whole bottom of the boat thrice, sanded down the deck and the interior to a spotless condition. Needless to say, this is hardly a perfect job, but most of the little details that I will always notice probably won't be noticed by most people. In any event, I've got one coat of epoxy on the topside of the boat now. I need to put two more coats of that on there, and then one and possibly 2 coats of UV protective varnish on top of that so the epoxy doesn't disintegrate in the sun. Enjoy this, my first video made entirely on the iPhone 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment